Thursday, September 11, 2008

Library Card

Tuesday after work I took Tyler and Peyton to the Library to get Tyler's very own library card. At our house the library is a big deal. I love to read and reading is very important and special to my kids. I could spend hours in the library. So we went and Tyler was so excited to get his own card that he could check out books. He was in awe of the library. They both played on the computer while the librarians got his card ready and helped us search for a book about rockets. Tyler wanted a book about rockets. Nothing but rockets. We all discovered how hard it is to find a book on rockets for a child. Finally, Mom came to the rescue and found a book about building a rocket. The library even has a room full of pillows where the kids can climb in and hide. Peyton loved that room. When he checked out his books and I was taking his pictures I got very teary-eyed. My baby is growing up and now has his own LIBRARY card. Yes, my son is a nerd just like his mom!

No comments: